Relevant Work History
Self Employed | www.livingouradventures.com , www.hummingbird-acres.com | August 2018 – current
- Write and edit a broad range of SEO-rich content for digital publication, including blog posts, video scripts, website content, social media posts, and photo captions.
- Research and write original content.
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication.
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content.
- Promote content on social networks and monitor engagement (e.g. comments and shares)
- Video editing skills and experience using Final Cut Pro.
- Strong writing skills, with an emphasis on casual and confident storytelling delivery.
- Weekly email writing, editing and scheduling.
- YouTube: video uploading, titles, thumbnails, descriptions, optimized for SEO, and analysising analytics.
- Set up and maintain ecommerce with Etsy, shopify, thrivecart.
- Set Up and maintain courses and tripwires using thrivecart.
- Established skills photographing with DSLR’s and lighting indoors and out as well as working knowledge of filming with DSLR’s.
- Measure analytics and metrics for continuous improvement of traffic by using Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- Monetization set up with affiliate links and Ezoic.
- Understands the importance of brand identity and standards.
- Demonstrated project management skills; experience using online project management tools for assignments and team communication.
- Stay abreast of current trends and best practices to identify opportunities for growth.
- Update websites as needed.
- Technical Skills: WordPress, Elementor, ConvertKit, Canva, Adobe (photoshop, lightroom), FinalCutPro
Virtual Assistant/Marketing Manager
The Sedalia Center. March 2019 – current | Big Island, VA (Remote)
- Website design and maintenance using wordpress and google search console.
- Branding, Photography and Videography.
- Marketing via social media, radio, email and print.
- Coordinate with committee members to plan, market and host large events.
- Communicate with vendors who are supplying products and materials for the center. Vendor coordinator for events.
- Use online project management systems daily to keep track of projects, what needs to be done, and who is working on what element of the project.
- Reflect on processes to improve them and increase productivity.
- Resourceful to get tasks completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Support the Operations Manager to ensure timelines are met, bylaws are followed, daily operations are completed (paying invoices, calling vendors and patrons, etc.) and event details are executed.
In-Home Daycare | August 2018 – March 2020
- Starting the daycare: researched requirements, created a business plan, coordinated with contractors to get needed work done, licensing requirements (classes, inspection, record keeping).
- Stayed up to date on licensing regulations to maintain license and made changes accordingly.
- Day to day management of the business; bookkeeping, budgeting, marketing, following state guidelines, purchasing supplies.
- Established policies and communicated to all parties.
- Communicated daily with parents on children’s progress. Worked with parents to solve problems that arise and different approaches to solve the problem.
- Develop and implement educational programs and standards.
- Maintain business excellence.
Kindergarten/First Grade Teacher
Anne Arundel County Public School | August 2011 – June 2018 | Crofton, MD
- Developed and managed learning objectives (goals) for 20+ students each year. Guided them in developing mastery in grade level skills.
- Analyzed student performance (data driven) and my teaching to ensure goals were being met. Creatively problem solving to ensure goals would be met by the deadline.
- Delivered lessons (concept) to students and fellow teachers. Gave alternative explanations for different students/peers with different learning styles. Able to think on my feet and revise communication methods as needed.
- Managed communication across departments (fellow teachers, administration and parents) to schedule, plan, and conduct meetings to ensure that everyone was on the same page with student learning, goals and progress.
- Updated student files daily, ensuring that all key stakeholders were informed and future instruction/decisions were based on weaknesses.
- Oversaw a team of 5 fellow kindergarten teachers and 14 fellow primary teachers to improve school performance, student performance, and daily lessons. (Team Lead and Primary Team Lead)
- Kept track of deadlines, where I was needed, and what needed to be done to ensure everyday activity ran smoothly using Google Dive and online planners.
- Planned out and executed projects in advance when possible and creatively problem solved when problems arise.
- Union liaison guiding and helping teachers when problems arises between a teacher and admin.
- Amazing Follow Through
- Attention to Detail
- Written and Oral Communication
- Quick Learner
- Managing Teams/Groups
- Data analysis
- Visual Learner
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
Programs & Software
Over the years I have worked with many different programs and software. I am always adding more to this list as the industry grows and changes.
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Mailer Lite
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop
- Final Cut Pro
- Click Up
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suites
- Teachers Pay Teachers
- Meta Business Suite
Credits in School Administration
Goucher College, 2015 – 2017 | Baltimore, MD
Master’s Degree in Education
Early Childhood and Elementary Education
College of Notre Dame of Maryland, 2010 – 2011 | Baltimore, MD
Bachelor of Science, Liberal Arts
College of Notre Dame of Maryland, 2006 – 2010 | Baltimore, MD